- A graphic viewer is an application lets you watch graphic files, organize, print or simply edit.
- sidux has three graphic viewers pre-installed: GPicView, Ristretto and Feh.
- GPicView is simply and light application designed for LXDE environment.
- It has just a few function to use such as: rotation to the right, left, etc.
- Run it from: Menu-> Graphics-> Image Viewer.
- Home page: http://lxde.sourceforge.net/gpicview/
- More on Wiki project page: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/GPicView
- Ristretto is a simply and light application too and it's installed with XFCE environment.
- It can rotate files, show thumbs and make slide show.
- Run it from: Menu-> Graphics-> Ristretto.
- Feh is quick and very light graphic viewer managing from text console.
- To open a graphic file choose "Feh" from mouse menu or type in Terminal:
- gThumb is a graphic organizer, viewer and simply editor designed for GNOME environment.
- Using "gPhoto" gThumb can download photos directly from digital cameras.
- gThumb lets you:
- a. make a pre-view of file system.
- b. create and manage photo files and folders.
- c. make slide show.
- d. import photos from digital cameras.
- e. basic edition.
- 1. Installation:
apt-get install gthumb gphoto
- 2. Run it from: Menu-> Graphics-> gThumb.
- 3. To import photos from a digital camera go to: File-> Import.
- 4. If you want to edit a graphic file click on palette icon on right top bar.
- Picasa is an application for organizing, watching and simply editing graphic files.
- Using Picasa you can:
- a. create and burn photo presentation on CD.
- b. edit photos (basic functions).
- c. display hidden EXIF photo's informations.
- d. print.
- e. send photos out by an e-mail or put theme on Blogger or Picasa Web Albums.
- 1. The application you can download from: http://picasa.google.com/
- 2. Installation:
dpkg -i picasa_version_i386.deb
- 3. Run it from: Menu-> Others-> Picasa
- 4. You have to egree with the licence-> Next
- then click on "I Agree".
- 5. Picasa will scan all your connected discs looking for graphics and videos.
- 6. To make basic editions of pictures go to:
- a. Basic Fixes.
- b. Tuning - colors edition.
- c. Effects - additionals effects.
- Just I have to add that it's a Windows version application joined with Wine and Gecko engine.
- More about Picasa on: http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=112056
- Gwenview - graphic viewer for KDE: http://gwenview.sourceforge.net/
- F-spot - graphic viewer and editor for GNOME: http://f-spot.org/Main_Page
- Digikam - graphic organizer for KDE: http://www.digikam.org/
- GLC Player: http://www.glc-player.net/
- Mirage: http://mirageiv.berlios.de/
- KSquirrel: http://ksquirrel.sourceforge.net/
- XnView: http://www.xnview.com/en/index.html
- Konvertor: http://www.konvertor.net/indexe.html