Sidux/Useable applications/HTML editing< Sidux | Useable applications
- If you think about your own web side, you have a few possibilities.
- What you have to do first is finding a hosting provider.
- It depends what do you need for, providers offer different services - it can be for free with pop-ups
- or paid for with no pop-ups. Usually your e-mail provider has free file hosting as an option.
- If not just try to find it in search engines such as Google, Yahoo! or Bing.
- If you created an account on any hosting server just choose any available template to start making
- your first web side. Just type your text, add pictures, etc.
Ready to use templatesEdit
- But if you want to make something different, find and download a template package typing in any search
- engine: "html templates" or "free html templates".
- Next step is editing it using a WYSIWYG application (What You See Is What You Get) - an effect will be
- much better if you do it this way.
- One of WYSIWYG application is KompoZer (previously NVU), download it from: http://www.kompozer.net/
- 1. You don't need to install it, just extract it, get in the new "kompozer" folder and run "kompozer" file.
- 2. Now extract a template you downloaded.
- 3. And open extracted template with KompoZer clicking on "Open" icon.
- 4. Edit the template as you wish and save it as "index.html" file if it'll be your main page.
- 5. KompoZer has an ftp client bilt-in to send your page out to your hosting server but if you don't
- like it you can use any different ftp client I described here: Sidux/Useable applications/Ftp clients
- Home page: http://kompozer.net/
- KompoZer on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KompoZer
Others HTML editorsEdit