RTOG 76-05 (LIVER)
- Title: Pilot Study of Radiotherapy for Palliation of Symptomatic Hepatic Metastases
- I. Evaluate the frequency and duration of symptom relief, frequency and duration of normalization of (a) liver tests and (b) of abnormal liver scans, as a function of dose schedules, varying fraction size and overall time.
- II. Evaluate the above responses according to site and histopathology of the primary.
- III. Evaluate the above objectives with respect to survival times.
- IV. Evaluate, via histopathologic correlation, the frequency of radiation hepatitis as a function of dose schedule and concomitant chemotherapy.
- Protocol: RT for patients with solitary vs. multiple mets
- Eligibility: hepatic metastases documented by liver scan
- PMID 6168623 -- The palliation of hepatic metastases: results of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group pilot study. (1981 Borgelt BB, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1981 May;7(5):587-91.)
- PMID 2180867 -- Accelerated fractionation radiation therapy for liver metastases: selection of an optimal patient population for the evaluation of late hepatic injury in RTOG studies. (1990 Leibel SA, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1990 Mar;18(3):523-8.)