RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/Create Database
- Local Manual of Style
- Bullpen (Newly Contributed Content)
- Expanded Table of Contents
Part I: Setting Up RACEdit
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Components
- Prepare Host
- Install Linux
- Create Cluster
- Install Grid Infrastructure
- Install Database Software
- Create Database
Part II: Exploring RACEdit
Part III: Advanced LabsEdit
- Run the Database Configuration Assistant: [oracle@collabn1 ~]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/bin/dbca
- The splash screen appears.
- Select Create Database and click Next.
- Select Create a database with default configuration. Global Database Name: RAC.racattack Storage Type: Automatic Storage Management (ASM) Database Files Location: +DATA Fast Recovery Area: +FRA Database Character Set: AL32UTF8 - Unicode UTF-8 Universal character set Administrative password: racattack Check Create As Container Database Pluggable Database Name: PDB (*)
- A warning is shown because the password is weak. Click Yes to continue.
- The prerequisite checks may fail due to space requirements. It's safe to ignore by checking Ignore all. Click Next.
- Review the summary page and click Finish.
- The database creation is finished. Click Exit, then Close.
|(*) There are a large number of differences between a Container Database (CDB) and a standard Database (non-CDB). If you are not ready to experiment with too many new technologies together, just leave unchecked Create As Container Database.|