Music Theory/Baroque< Music Theory
Baroque music loosely refers to music from around 1600-1750. Baroque music has distinct features to it such as the use of counterpoint and polyphony.
Notable composers include:-
- Gregorio Allegri (1582-16520 Italy
- Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706) Germany Most famous work is the Canon in D
- Arcangelo Corelli (1653-1713) Italy
- Henry Purcell (1659-1695) English
- Tomaso Albinoni (1671-1751) Italy.
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741) Italy
- G.P. Telemann (1681-1767) Germany
- Jean-Philippe Rameau (1683-1764) France
- Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757) Italy
- J. S.Bach (1685-1750) Germany Very prolific composer
- G.F. Handel (1685-1759) Germany Most famous work is the Hallelujah chorus from the Messiah
||This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.