Marathi months do not exactly match with English months.
List of Marathi Months
- चैत्र - Chaitra - April to May
- Chaitra begins with the new moon in April. The first day of this month is called Gudi Padwa, which marks the day of Hindu new year.
- वैशाख - Vaishakh - May to June
- Vaishakh is season of crop harvesting and the second month of hindu calendar.
- ज्येष्ठ - Jeshta – June to July
- Maharashtrians celebrate vat purnima in this month. This is third month of hindu calendar.
- आषाढ - Ashad - July to August
- In this fourth month, Maharashtrians celebrate Gurupurnima and ashadi ekadashi celebrate.
- श्रावण - Shravan – August to September
- This fifth month brings also the festivals of Naagpanchimi and Narali purnima.
- भाद्रपद - Bhadrapad - September to October
- This is month marks the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- आश्विन - Ashwin - October to November
- Navratri, Durga puja, Kojagiri, Dasra, and Diwali are all festivals celebrated in the seventh month of Ashwin.
- कार्तिक - Kartik - November to December
- Lakshmi pujan implies the worship of godess Lakshmi & Bhaubeej is celebrated in the month of Kartik.
- मार्गशीर्ष – Margashirshya – December to January
- Shree Dutta Jayanti celebrated in the month of Margashirsh.
- पौष – Paush – January to February
- Makar sankranti is celebrated in this month & Paush अमावस्या is also celebrated in this month.
- माघ – Maagh - February to March
- Mahashivratri is celebrated in this month. On this day, people worship lord Mahadev.
- फाल्गुन – Faalgun – March to April
- This is last month in the Hindu calendar. Holi is celebrated in this month.