IB Psychology/Research Methodology
The Research Methodology section looks at the ways in which psychological investigations take place. Only students who do HL Psychology have to do research methodology.
- Theory and Practice in Qualitative Research
- TPQR1: Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data.
- TPQR2: Explain strengths and limitations of a qualitative approach to research.
- TPQR3: To what extent can findings be generalised from qualitative studies?
- TPQR4: Discuss ethical considerations in qualitative research.
- TPQR5: Discuss sampling techniques appropriate to qualitative research.
- TPQR6: Explain effects of participant expectations and researcher bias in qualitative research.
- TPQR7: Explain the importance of credibility in qualitative research.
- TPQR8: Explain the effect of triangulation on the credibility/trustworthiness of qualitative research.
- TPQR9: Explain reflexivity in qualitative research.
- Case Studies