The cognitive level is focused on studying certain brain functions in relation to cognition, such as investigating memory and cognitive processes. There are 3 overarching headings in the cognitive level, which together contain 12 learning outcomes, of which 10 are essays and 2 are 8 marks.
- General Learning Outcomes
- GLO1: Outline principles that define the cognitive level of analysis.
- GLO2: Explain how principles that define the cognitive level of analysis may be demonstrated in research.
- GLO3: Discuss how and why particular research methods are used at the cognitive level of analysis.
- GLO4: Discuss ethical considerations related to research studies at the cognitive level of analysis.
- Cognitive Processes
- CP1: Evaluate schema theory with reference to research studies.
- CP2: Evaluate two models or theories of one cognitive process with reference to research studies.
- CP3: Discuss how biological factors may affect one cognitive process.
- CP4: Discuss how social or cultural factors affect one cognitive process.
- CP5: With reference to relevant research studies, to what extent is one cognitive process reliable?
- CP6: Discuss the use of technology in investigating cognitive processes.
- Cognition and Emotion