Standard Level Chapters
The last cohort of students to have sat the exams for this 2009 Syllabus did so in November 2015. The new Syllabus published in May 2014 is now the only syllabus in effect. There are now only four Options A - D. the content of these has been radically changed from the previous syllabus.
(The syllabus has changed for the May 2009 exam)
Higher Level Chapters
For the 2009 exams, the options are as follows. Exams require the student to answer the sections of two of the options. These Options topics do not reflect the current state of the Chemistry Syllabus (2020).
If you want to do your Extended Essay using chemistry as a subject, here's a list of potential topics: Extended Essay
- http://ibchem.com/htm/syllabus2016.htm (notes updated for the 2016 syllabus)
- Great chemistry notes and exam definitions (old)
- IB Chemistry notes and samples from Intense Cogitation
- Detailed IB Chemistry website (recommended)
- Online textbook with questions and tips
- Practice Tests with Answers
- Search Engine for IB Chemistry (beta)