(Redirected from Cookbook:Hilda rolls)
|Time||30 - 35 minutes|
Hilda rolls (German: Hildabrötchen) are German sandwich cookies filled with jam. They are very similar to, and perhaps interchangeable with, Linzer cookies.
- Knead the sifted flour with butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg into dough and chill for a while.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼ cm thick.
- Cut round cookies out of the dough. For half the cookies, cut a small shape out of the middle—these will be the tops.
- Place the cookies on a greased tray and bake at 150ºC for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the powdered sugar and water to make a smooth icing. Carefully dip the top cookies in the icing to coat one face.
- Spread some jam on the bottom layer cookies. Top with the iced cutout cookies.