|Conic sections are graceful curves that can be defined in several ways and constructed by a wide variety of means. Most importantly, when a plane intersects a cone, the outline of a conic section results. This book will attempt the observation and manipulation of conic sections via their many definitions.|
- General Conic Sections
- The Circle
- The Ellipse
- The Parabola
- The Hyperbola
- Lines and Points: Degenerate Conic Sections
- Intercepts of Conic Sections
- Translation of Axes
- Rotation of Axes
- Rotation of Axes (examples)
- Slopes of Conic Sections
- Conic Sections in Polar Coordinates
- Parametric Forms of Conic Sections
||A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.