Chess Opening Theory/1. d4/1...e5
|Moves: 1. d4 e5|
|ECO code: A40|
|Parent: Queen's Pawn Opening|
1... e5 - Englund GambitEdit
This move is rarely played as it is considered unsound. Black's idea is to create an open game with practical chances.
White has a number of choices:
- 2. dxe5 Accepting the Gambit.
- 2. d5 Declining the Gambit.
- 2. e4 Transposes into the Center Game.
- 2. Nf3 Dominating both squares occupied by the pawns.
- 2. c3 Defending the d4 pawn.
1. d4 e5
|3||e4||Transposes to 1. e4 e5 2. d4|
|5||c4||Transposes to 1. c4 e5 2. d4|
When contributing to this Wikibook, please follow the Conventions for organization.