SIRCh: Selected Internet Resources for Chemistry
Free Patent or Trademark DatabasesEdit
- Cambia's Patent Lens free and open public full text and biologicals patent search comprising USPTO, WO, EP, AU and INPADOC.
- Google Patents
- USPTO patent databases (bibliographic, citation, and full text data, 1976-)
- USPTO Patent Application Information Retrieval Search patent application status by patent number.
- USPTO Trademarks Page
- WIPO's PATENTSCOPE database (for international patent applications; front page data w/ drawings, 1997-)
- esp@cenet (has full pdf images of patents, including US)
- DEPATISnet (especially good for German patents)
- FreePatentsOnline Free Patent Searching from US 4000000. Updated as new patents are published by the USPTO.
- IP Newsflash Search for patent families based on INPADOC data.
Search Sites Requiring RegistrationEdit
Commercial Patent DatabasesEdit
Patent Classification, Country, and Kind CodesEdit
- US Patent Class Definitions and Classification Manual
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Derwent (Thomson):
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CAS Coverage of Patents
- Coverage of CA Basic Patents by Year (Country Code and Year List for Patent Countries Covered)
- Patent Kind Codes for CA Basic and Patent Family Members
Introduction to PatentsEdit
- U.S. Patent Number Guide (Michael White, Queen's University)
- Useful Links (European Patent Office)
- Patents (British Library)
- Intellectual Property Law: Patents (Yahoo)
- Patent Information Users' Group
- Patent Handout from the ACS CINF WORKSHOP: Teaching Chemical Information, August 18, 2002, Boston (Silvia Lee)
- Select Bibliography on Patents
- Patents (Swain Chemistry Library, Stanford University)