| A reader has identified this chapter as an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
Celestia has gone through quite a few versions since it was first made available in the late 1990s. Some of the older versions are still available from SourceForge .
- The next major release of Celestia, v1.7.0, is currently under development.
- If the user interface changes to QT, which will be common to all operating systems, it may be called v2.0.
- See the Development instructions if you'd like to try compiling the "pre-alpha" version yourself. It's very easy to do under Windows, at least.
- Celestia v1.6.1 will be only a bug-fix release.
- V1.6.1 has been delayed due to an intractable problem in the MacOS version.
- Celestia v1.6.0 was made available on July 10, 2009.
- Please visit the Celestia Web forum: Celestia 1.6.0 released for details.
- Celestia v1.5.0 was made available on January 26, 2008.
- Please visit the Celestia Web forum : Celestia 1.5.0 is ready for details.
- The previous stable version of Celestia, v1.4.1, was released in February, 2006.