These books detail the concepts, issues and trends surrounding different aspects of information and communications technology for development (ICT4D), including, e-government, e-commerce, ICT for education, ICT for poverty alleviation, Internet governance, biotechnology, etc.
ICTs are information-handling tools – a varied set of goods, applications and services that are used to produce, store, process, distribute and exchange information. They include ‘old’ tools such as radio, television and telephone, as well as ‘new’ tools such as computers, satellite, wireless technology and the Internet. ICTs can connect vast networks of individuals and organizations across great geographic distances at low cost. As such, ICTs foster development and facilitate the flows of information, capital, ideas, people and products.
These books are donated by UNDP Asia-Pacific Development Information Programme (UNDP-APDIP), and are located on the Wikibooks:Information technology bookshelf.
UNDP-APDIP aims to promote the development and application of ICT for sustainable human development in the Asia-Pacific region. These books are originally part of the e-Primer for the Information Economy, Society and Polity Series.
The following 12 related categories may be of interest, out of 12 total.
- ► Book:E-Commerce and E-Business (1 cat, 11 pages)
- ► Book:E-government (1 cat, 15 pages)
- ► Book:Gender and ICT (1 cat, 14 pages)
- ► Book:Genes, Technology and Policy (1 cat, 12 pages)
- ► Book:ICT for Disaster Management (1 cat, 16 pages)
- ► Book:ICT in Education (1 cat, 11 pages)
- ► Book:Information and Communication Technologies for Poverty Alleviation (1 cat, 15 pages)
- ► Book:Internet Governance (1 cat, 16 pages)
- ► Book:Legal and Regulatory Issues in the Information Economy (1 cat, 15 pages)
- ► Book:Nets, Webs and the Information Infrastructure (1 cat, 12 pages)
- ► Book:Small and Medium Enterprises and ICT (1 cat, 13 pages)
- ► Book:The Information Age (1 cat, 15 pages)
Pages in category "ICT4D Books"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.