Canadian Criminal Sentencing/Offences/Carrying a Concealed Weapon
|Carrying a Concealed Weapon|
|s. 90 of the Crim. Code|
|Election / Plea|
|Jurisdiction||Prov. Court |
SC Judge + PI (I)
SC Jury + PI (I) (536(2))
|Avail. Disp.||Discharge (730)|
Suspended Sentence (731(1)(a))
|Maximum||6 months jail or $5,000 fine|
|Avail. Disp.||same as summary|
|Offence Elements |
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)
- (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
- (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
| This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
Recommended Probationary TermsEdit
- Weapons Prohibition
- Counselling/Treatment (if underlying treatable issue)
- Contact Provision (if facts concern a potential victim)