California Environmental Quality Act/Statutes/Policy< California Environmental Quality Act
||This page or section is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
SS 21000-210006: Policy
Summary: It is the role of the government and its citizens to prevent environmental devastation caused by human interactions.
21000: legislative intentEdit
- Summary: The environment must be maintained relevant to our socioeconomic condition.
- A.The environmental matters all the time
- B.A healthy environment for man
- C.To study the relationship of a good environment
- D.Resources are limited. The legislature must do something
- E. Citizens must help the environment
- F. Cooperation is needed in society to enhance the environment
- G. The legislature will regulate it entities to prevent environmental damage.
21001: Additional legislative intentEdit
Summary: To develop standards which ensure health of the people
- A. maintain environmental quality
- B. Provide a healthy environment to the people
- C. ensure marine biodiversity
- D. The environment shall be hospitable.
- E. Nature and man will exist in harmony to fulfill social and economic requirements.
- F. Develop standards
- G. Consider many factors which affect the environment in our society
21001.1: Review of Public Agency projectsEdit
- Summary: private and public agencies will have the same standards of review
21002: Approval of Projects; Feasible Alternative or Mitigation MeasureEdit
- Summary: if alternatives are found which impact the environment less, than proposed projects may not be simply approved. Depending on the situation, approval may vary
21002.1: Use of Environmental Impact Reports; PolicyEdit
- A. The purpose of Environmental Impact Reports are to show that if alternatives can be made to reduce project pollution and its affects.
- B. Projects which show significant affects on the environmental will not be approved.
- C. If socioeconomic factors favor high polluting projects, it may be approved by a public agency under certain laws.