Annotations of The Complete Peanuts/1997 to 1998
Annotations to The Complete Peanuts: 1997 to 1998 by Charles M. Schulz (Fantagraphics Books, 2015. ISBN 1606998609
- p. 33 (March 16, 1997). In case the reader doubted it, what Schroeder says is exact and "Peanuts Gallery" is a real composition.
- p. 207 (April 26, 1998). The whole strip is a parody of the famous scene in the movie Casablanca where Ilsa Lund (Ingrid Bergman) enters the cabaret owned by Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart).
- p. 220 (May 25, 1998). More than twenty-six years after she was first mentioned, (see note of November 19, 1961, p. 139) here is the first apparition of the Little Red-Haired Girl, although only as a silhouette.
- p. 250 (August 5, 1998). "Buttering too loud" : see second paragraph of the note on May 28, 1961, p. 64. "Happy birthday, Amy-" : see note of August 5, 1973, p. 93.
- p. 292 (November 11, 1998). On Bill Mauldin, see note of November 11, 1969, p. 136. This is one of the rare times when Schulz depicted adults in a Peanuts strip. Note also that here, Snoopy is not in World War I as he is wont to; rather, he is in a World War II battle field.