- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and sauté just barely until soft, around 3 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds, teriyaki sauce,and grilled chicken strips .
- Lower heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until flavors are mixed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken mixture into fourths, putting the portion only on one-half of each tortilla.
- Top with the shredded cheese, dividing equally among the tortillas.
- Fold tortillas over, forming a semicircle, to cover the mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add just enough butter to make a very thin layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the quesadillas in the butter until cheese is melted and tortillas are browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cut each tortilla into four or so triangles and serve immediately.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEditLast modified on 3 July 2007, at 02:21