- Have your blender (or food processor) ready
- Chop the onion very finely, drop in blender
- Wash and chop the cilantro, removing only the very bottom of the stem, drop in blender
- Wash and chop the chile peppers, drop in blender
- Open the canned tomatoes, add to blender
- Add the salt
- Blend slowly, to thoroughly mix ingredients; do not completely blend
Serve chilled, with a meal, as a dip for corn tortilla chips, as a garnish, etc. Can be easily stored in a closed container in refrigerator for a week or ten days.
Note: Be very careful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after chopping or handling the chili peppers, the pain can be intense. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling.