Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Dessert | Cake
- Slightly beat egg yolks.
- Mix the sugar and flour together and add the lemon juice and zest, yolks, butter and salt.
- Stir in the milk and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the first mixture.
- Pour into custard cups (or ramekins).
- Set the cups in a pan of hot water and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
Last modified on 20 March 2010, at 22:52
- The sponge may also be baked in a pie shell.