- In a bowl, mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar until well-blended.
- Pat the wafer mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and 1½ cups sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, heavy cream and orange peel.
- Beat until all the mixture is smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan.
- Add boiling water to the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Carefully remove the springform pan from the water and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove cake from the springform pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of cheesecake.
- Broil under the oven broiler until the sugar melts and browns (be careful not to burn the sugar).
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
Last modified on 20 November 2009, at 18:52
- The sugar can also be melted with a cooking torch.
- The cheesecake may be served with fresh or frozen strawberries or blueberries.