Cookbook:Cheese stuffed crust pizza
|Cheese stuffed crust pizza
||1 12-inch pizza
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | pizza | meats
Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
Last modified on 21 January 2010, at 21:51
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal, if desired.
- Starting in the center, press pizza dough in pan beyond the sides of the pan by an inch.
- Fold the hanging edge of the dough back toward the middle, placing the sticks of string cheese in the pouch, all the way around the circle.
- Pinch the dough to seal in the cheese.
- Bake the crust 8 or 10 minutes, or until the edges are light golden and the dough has started to set.
- Remove from oven and spread the sauce over the crust with the back of a spoon.
- Scatter on the sauce the pepperoni, sausage, and shredded Italian cheese.
- Replace in oven and bake until crust is deeply golden brown and the (topping) cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 slices, or if you're not hungry enough to eat 8 pieces, cut into 6.