|Cebiche de pescado|
- 4 pounds of white fish (mahi mahi is an excellent choice)
- juice from about 8 large limes
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 3 finely diced jalapeño pepperss (to your preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large onion, sliced into half-rings
- bunch of finely chopped cilantro
- Wash and de-bone the fish and cut them into ½ inch x ½ inch chunks.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, red pepper and jalapeño. Marinate the fish for 1 hour to ”cold cook”. You should have enough lime juice to completely cover the fish.
- Add onion. Mix gently. Marinate for 1 more hour.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and add two pieces of corn on the cob and a portion of sweet potato.
- Ceviche (an alternate spelling) can be eaten as an entrée as well. In this case, this will be enough for about two people.
- More traditional recipes call for much less marinating. In fact, some will marinate it for as little as 10 minutes total (basically just the time it takes to get the sides ready). If marinating for a small amount of time be aware that the acidity of the lime is the only thing that "cooks" the fish.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language