10 jun 2016
Zoph 0.9.3 is the new stable release. It is recommended for everyone to upgrade to this release
- issue#72 Zoph now has a new logon screen
The logon screen has background photos. Two of them are already included in Zoph. You can place your own backgrounds in templates/default/images/backgrounds/. Or, you can (on the config screen) define an album from which the images will be used as background images. Zoph will display a random image as background.
- issue#76 The logon screen now gives a message about the username and/or password being wrong instead of just returning to the same screen
- issue#75 Zoph now uses PHP's password hashing algorithm instead of MySQL's.
This includes a random 'salt' added to each password. This will make it much, much harder to decrypt your passwords, if your database would ever fall into the wrong hands. The old hashes will be updated with the new ones as soon the the user logs in. Zoph will continue to support the old password hashes at least until v0.9.5.
- issue#26 It is now possible to define the cookie expirement time. In previous versions of Zoph, a user would be logged out when closing the browser. Is now possible to extend the time to 1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month. This means a user will not need to re-login for that period of time, even when the browser is closed in the mean time. This can be very convenient, but it could mean that a user leaves Zoph logged in on a public PC. Therefore, the default is still 'session', which means a user will be logged out when closing the browser.
- "new" pages now show up in breadcrumbs
- It is now possible to give a user "can see all photos" access rights. This means you can give a user access to all photos, without giving him/her admin rights and without having to update user rights whenever an album is added.
- issue#22 It is now possible to allow a user to create albums, categories, people, circles and places. The user automatically has access rights to place photos in the albums, categories, people, circles and places he or she has created.
- issue#21It is now possible to allow a user to delete photos. The user will have to have "write" access to at least one album a photo is in.
- Remove the rather ugly trailing space on the links on zoph.php
- Added a way to disable a setting on the configuration page depending on the state of another configuration item. (This was created because the photo album as a logon background relies on the sharing feature to be enabled).
- Moved user page to template
- Moved form into a separate class
- Some cleanup of the places and categories pages
- Refactor HTML for actionlinks
- Modified createTestData script to only require password once
- Rearranged order of unittests
- Added translations for German, Canadian English and Dutch
1 apr 2016
Zoph 0.9.2 is the new stable release. I have decided to drop the separation between 'stable' and 'unstable' or 'feature' releases. This means that it is recommended for everyone to upgrade to this release.
- issue#44 Added 'circles': a way to group people in Zoph. This is especially handy if you have a large amount of people in your Zoph, and the 'person' page is becoming confusing or cluttered.
- issue#46 A circle and it's members can be surpressed in the overview page, so you can, for example, hide people that you added only for a small set of photos.
- issue#20 Zoph has switched to the PDO classes for database access. This ensures compatibility with PHP in the future, because the old mysql libs will be dropped soon.
- issue#32 It is now possible to set more properties of a photo, including map zoom from the web import.
- issue#60 The link text for "next" and "previous" as well as page numbers has been increased in size for better usability esp. on mobile devices
- Added a script for fixing filename case (by Jason Taylor)
- Access Google maps via https (Jason Taylor)
- As of this version, the language files are in the php dir, and no longer need to be copied or moved separately
- issue#49 Zoph now supports MySQL strict mode
- issue#55 Autocomplete not working for people
- issue#58 Sort order for albums and categories can not be changed
- CLI: Fixed an issue where Zoph would try to import to the current directory when double spaces were present in CLI
- Better handling of file not found problems during import
- Fixed two bugs that caused maps not to display
- Fixed an issue where breadcrumbs wouldn't be removed correctly in some cases
- Changed erronous extension of Exception class
- Fixed slow login times for non-admin users
- Improved performance on people page
- Fixed: zoom buttons are missing from Google Maps
- Remove duplicate files from import (if you would specify the same file twice on CLI import, you would get an error, this is now filtered out)
- Fixed an issue where the person pulldown on the add user page appeared to be empty
- Remove a user from a group when a the user is deleted
- Fixed a warning about unknown variable on places page
- Allow apostropes in place names when creating map markers (Jason Taylor)
- A complete new query builder has been created
- Many more parts of Zoph can be (and are being) tested automatically now, this should improve overall quality and reduce bugs
- Many parts of Zoph have been cleaned up to modernize code to the current state of PHP - dropping PHP 5.3 and 5.4 compatibility
- Dropped MSIE6/7 compatibility
- Added documentation to many parts of Zoph's source code
- Many changes to readability of source code, such as more consistent use of whitespace
- Added some more debugging possibilities to easier troubleshoot in case of problems
- Changed logging so less logging is displayed when set to log::NONE
- Changed all self:: references into static:: references
- Added function scope to many methods
- Started using namespaces to better organize the classes
- Updated version numbers in REQUIREMENTS readme.
- issue#8 (partial) Changed several parts of Zoph to use templates
- Added improvements to templating system
- Modified query for photo access rights to a view for performance reasons
- Changed logging so SQL query log to file can be done without displaying
- Performance improvement on place page
- Added a posibility to debug queries including parameters
21 feb 2014
Zoph 0.9.1 is the first feature release for Zoph 0.9, it shows a preview of some of the new features for Zoph 0.10. Most important change is the move of most configuration items from config.inc.php into the Web GUI.
- issue#28 Configuration through webinterface commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed display desc under thumbnail feature commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed MIXED_THUMBNAILS and THUMB_EXTENSION settings commit (jeroenrnl)
- removed DEFAULT_SHOW_ALL setting commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed LANG_DIR configuration item commit (jeroenrnl)
- Changed the looks of <input> fields a bit commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed alternative password validators commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed checks for PHP 5.1 commit (jeroenrnl)
- Adding CLI support for configuration commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#7 Added a favicon commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#18 Added "return" link on bulk edit page commit (jeroenrnl)
- Added a script to migrate config to new db-based system commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#8 Made template selectible from webinterface commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed MAX_CRUMBS commit (jeroenrnl)
- Simplified CLI code & fixed bug in --autoadd commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#34 Rows and columns swapped on photos page commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#36 Webimporter does not import description commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#37 Can not add position on map using the mouse commit (jeroenrnl)
- Fixed a bug that caused EXIF information in some (rare) cases to report the aperture wrong. commit (jeroenrnl)
- Strict standards warning commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#45 Pagebreak inside HTML tags causes browser to render incorrectly commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#45 Added selectArray cache to zophTable commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#48 Repair photo ratings during import commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#50 Geonames project has changed URL and requires username commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#51 Fixed depth in tree display when autocorrect is off commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#39 Added support for session.upload_progress as APC replacement (PHP 5.4 compatibility) commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#38 CLI tries to lookup previous argument's value when looking up photographer commit (jeroenrnl)
I have made quite a few improvements on the "inside" of Zoph. I have refactored many parts of Zoph to create cleaner, less duplicated and more robust code. I have introduced UnitTests (resulting in about 20% of Zoph's sourcecode now tested fully automatic for bugs). As a help to that, I am now using Sonar to automatically run these tests and also analyse Zoph code for other problems.
- issue#29 First step in creating unittests for Zoph commit (Jeroen Roos)
- Sonar Support commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor of PHP part of Mapping implementation commit (jeroenrnl)
- Move timezone-related global functions into class commit (jeroenrnl)
- TimeZone object improvements commit (jeroenrnl)
- Small change in way template is called on photo page (Full page templates are now "templates" and partial pages are "blocks") commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor of htmlMimeMail.php commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor of Mail_mimePart commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor annotate photo, watermark photo, image.php commit (jeroenrnl)
- Finished refactor of MIME classes commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor album, category, place, person, photo commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor: getEditArray() + unittests commit (jeroenrnl)
- Further refactor of photo, album, person, place, category commit commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor: move ratings out of photo object commit commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor: moved relations from photo object to new photoRelations object commit (jeroenrnl)
- Refactor: photo object commit (jeroenrnl)
- Got rid of adding session_id to URL commit (jeroenrnl)
- Modified internal database references to static commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed brackets from require and include statements commit (jeroenrnl)
- Replaceed a die() with exception commit (jeroenrnl)
- Changed self-references in objects to use self:: commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed unused class smtp commit (jeroenrnl)
- Made autoload a little more robust commit (jeroenrnl)
- Changes to autoload so it works in unittests too. commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed unused RFC822 class commit (jeroenrnl)
- Changed line-endings in mailMimePart.inc.php to unix-style commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed various unused variables commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed duplicate templates commit (jeroenrnl)
- Removed unused $user from createPulldown() calls. commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#40 Change documentation to Markdown commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit (jeroenrnl)
- Modified some queries to improve performance commit (jeroenrnl)
18 Oct 2012
Zoph 0.9.0.1 is the first maintenance release for Zoph 0.9. It adds compatibility with MySQL 5.4.4 and later and PHP 5.4 support. Several bugs were fixed.
- issue#1 Changed TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM for MySQL > 5.4.4 compatibility commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#2 Changed timestamp(14) into timestamp commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#3 Removed pass-by-reference for PHP 5.4 compatibility commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#6 Missing French translation commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#30 Remove warning about undefined variables commit commit commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#1 Fixed: PHP Notice: Array to string conversion commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#31 Fixed several errors in geotagging code commit (jeroenrnl)
- issue#33 Fixed: no error message when rotate fails commit (jeroenrnl)
- Fixed a small layout issue on the prefs page commit (jeroenrnl)