Wikis for Retail Store Managers/What is a Wiki?
What is a Wiki?Edit
A wiki is basically a collaboration of online pages that can be read and edited by any audience deemed fit by the creator. Pages can be tied together in specific reference points while creating the page itself. Overall wikis can be used for information transmission and retrieval on any specific interest imaginable in an organized fashion.
Advantages of a wikiEdit
- Listed Instructions.
- Easy Navigation.
- Multiple user management.
- Data is easily managed and altered.
- Graphics and hyperlinks can be added.
- Comments and input can be left by viewers of wiki.
Disadvantages of a wikiEdit
- Data integrity can be questioned considering anyone can alter data.
- Without access to internet wiki cannot be accessed.
- Wiki must be constantly moderated to avoid wiki compromise.