User:Lartoven/Collections/First Aid (modified)/First Aid
This book covers in depth all topics required for a standard first aid course, and also includes a section on advanced topics. The basics covered include:
- Primary assessment and CPR
- Legal aspects of first aid, including negligence and consent
- Circulatory emergencies, such as bleeding, heart attack and stroke
- Respiratory emergencies, such as asthma and anaphylactic shock
- Internal injuries, such as broken bones, chest injuries, and internal bleeding
- Burns, seizures and other medical conditions
In the chapter on advanced topics, you'll find information about oxygen administration and airway management; AED operation and wilderness techniques; additional assessments and triage.
The intended audience is taking a first aid course from a certified instructor, and can read at a high school level. Please be advised that there are some images of the injuries and conditions discussed.