This template adds books to Template:New.
Put this template at the top of every new book. A book is "new" if it generally satisfies these requirements:
- If less than a month old, and this template has not previously been added to the book,
- If not categorized alphabetically and by subject,
- If the scope, audience and topics to cover are not yet defined, and/or
- If none of the current book contributors are reviewers yet.
Removing This TemplateEdit
This template helps to advertise a book and ensures it gets properly organized. In general, it is a good thing to keep this template on the book for as long as possible. Here are some reasons to remove this template from a book:
- If the template is on the book for more than two weeks,
- If more than 25 books are listed at Template:New, and this is one of the oldest books in that list, or
- If categorized, the book has reviewers, and the scope, audience and topics to be covered are defined.
When you remove this template from a book, make sure to evaluate it and tag the book with any cleanup templates that it needs. See Wikibooks:Templates for ideas about what cleanup templates exist and when to use them.
If this is not a new book, but is not properly categorized, use
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:New book/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.