Swahili/Lesson One< Swahili
(Taken from http://mwanasimba.online.fr/E_index.html)
- This is a word that means "hello". The answer to this is just to repeat the word back to the person whom you are talking to. "Jambo!"
- Are you fine? This is how you ask that question. Again, to answer this, one simply repeats the word: "Salama!"
- How are things? To answer this, you could respond with, "Salama", meaning fine, or with Safi or Poa tu, which mean cool.
- How are you? To answer this, just reply with the words listed above, or "Nzuri", which is good.
- How are you?
- Sijambo! -I am fine.
- How are you? (Plural)
- Hatujambo -We are fine.
- My respects. (To an older person)
- Marahaba -Thank you
Hujambo? "How are you?" (lit. What things?)
Sijambo "I am fine"
Unaendeleaje? "How's it going?" (lit. How are you going?)
Unaitwa nani? "What is your name?" (lit. Who are you called?)
Ninaitwa Mustafa."My name is Mustafa."
Habari za Mohammed? "How is Mohammed?" (lit. News of Mohammed?)
Habari za asubuhi? "How are you this morning?"