Super Smash Bros. Melee/Debug
Many results of Debug Mode cause unexpected results, some of them are simply changing to code, but others involve characters and stages:
- Trying to use Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Female Wire Frame, Male Wire Frame, or Sandbag will result in the game crashing (This is avoided with another hack that registers all characters as Mario, but they still work like they originally did).
- Sandbag the game to freeze when he tries to do anything other than move and single jump (not double jump).
- Mushroom Kingdom Adventure and Underground Maze freeze when the area with the Yoshis or Link is entered.
- Destroying all ten targets in a target test will cause the game to end.
- Touching the Triforce in the Underground Maze will cause the game to end.
- Reaching the Teleporter in the Escape Shaft will cause the game to end.
- Touching any door in the Race to the Finish will cause the game to end.
- Goomba, Majora's Mask, and Entei cannot be played on in Debug Mode (other hacks do allow this, though).
- The game will freeze when a trophy falls in the Trophy Collector Stage.
- Entering AKANEIA, 10-2, IceTop, or Dummy will automatically cause the game to freeze.
- Choosing NONE as a character will cause the game to freeze.
- Going to the end of the Home-Run Stadium will be so far away that the magnifying glass for any character who is standing on the starting platform will move to the other side.
- Touching the Finish Line on the F-Zero Raceway will cause the game to end.
- The background for Test Stage is a blurred picture of the inside of a bar (this is easily the most confusing part of SSBM).