Sport Innovation/AFL BId/AFL Criteria/Criterion 5 Outcomes< Sport Innovation | AFL BId/AFL Criteria
During August 2008, the GC Continuum appointed Guy Mckenna as the head coach until 2012. Since moving to the Gold Coast from Geelong, Gary Ablett was appointed captain in January 2011. As the Gold Coast football Club was starting from the beginning, the club needed players. During the 2009 Draft, the Gold Coast was allowed to recruit 12 players born between January and April 1992. During the 2010 season, the Gold Coast football club was given the following concessions allowing them enough players to commence the following year
• ability to sign one uncontracted player from each of the 16 AFL clubs
• zone access to 5 Queensland players prior to the AFL draft
• First pick in every round plus additional first picks at number 2, 3, and 5, 7, 1, 13 and 15 of the 2010 AFL draft.
• The capacity to pre-list 10 players who had previously nominated for AFL draft or were previously listed with an AFL club.
• First 5 selections of the rookie draft
• An expanded main list of 48 players (clubs are usually allowed 38)