Scribbling On Regardless/3 Colour Drawing
Fun & easy drawings using only three colours! See what ideas you can come up with when you're limited to just three colours... no more, no less...
Materials you'll needEdit
- Paper (use your sketchbook)
- 3 colours of pen or pencil
Watch our video for a step-by-step guide
- Test out your colour combinations in your sketchbook or on a spare piece of paper
- How do they look together? What different styles and patterns can you make?
- Try doing a cityscape, like in the video. At its most basic, you draw a square, and then make it a cube with three diagonal lines, and then join and connect them.
- How do different cubes and boxes fit together?
- Add windows to your buildings - maybe a door, or a chimney? Is there a garden? What's in the garden?
Stack 'em upEdit
- Start with a small idea - like a star - at the bottom of your page
- Draw different bubbles stacked on top of each other - each one must be connected to the bit below it
- Now turn each of these into a character - what faces are they pulling? Are they wearing a hat? Do they have different clothes?