How to insert a Hold Switch into a synthEdit
Sometimes, it is useful to hold a note or chord indefinitely without continuously holding down keys or pushing the sustain pedal. You can achieve that with a hold switch that can be implemented as follows:
1. insert a button at the instrument level (toggle type, range 0-1)
2. assign it to MIDI controller 66 (no connections are necessary)
- make sure that the instrument properties allow for a hold control, and that it is assigned to cc #66
- check if the button's MIDI in is activated
- don't copy + paste the button from another instrument, it won't work!!