ROSE Compiler Framework/Milestones
Use Cases edit
ROSE is intended to be for the following purposes:
- The ROSE team uses ROSE in their own daily work. In other words, they eat their own dog food.
- Build ROSE translators to improve the code quality of ROSE, e.g., refactor code
- Run static analysis tools built on ROSE to improve the code quality of ROSE, e.g. enforce coding conventions and catch errors not found by compilers and other commercial tools
- Run dynamic analysis tools built on ROSE to catch run-time errors in ROSE
- ROSE is a DOE-fund software project within LLNL. A priority of ROSE is to serve the mission of LLNL and build up the software capability of DOE.
- ROSE is being used to analyze, translate, and optimize DOE applications to make them run faster and more efficiently on high performance computing platforms.
- For average programmers
- ROSE is funded by the Office of Science of DOE and is released under a BSD-like license. So everybody can obtain it to use the pre-built tools shipped with ROSE and/or build them custom tools using ROSE.