The Playstation Portable is a mobile gaming device that now supports Flash 6, and so you can run Question Writer tests and quizzes on it. It has a large screen for a mobile device, with widescreen proportions (480x272). You can use the existing themes with the PSP, but it looks best with a theme that is specifically designed for it.
When publishing for the PSP - there are a few things to take into account:
- Turn off the Maximize in browser option - this will ensure the quiz appears at the correct size.
- Users can't use the keypad to tab between the buttons. Users must use the pointer device and X button.
- It's a good idea to avoid the use of scrollbar, this will help to preserve memory on the device.
- You'll get between 5 questions with feedback or 20 questions without running out of memory - it depends on all the factors that go into your quiz - more question types, with scrollbars and feedback, and complex buttons and themes all increase pressure on the memory and can lead to an 'out of memory' error on the device.
- Users have to click once on the Flash before starting the quiz to focus/activate it.
- Users can download tests and quizzes to use offline, or live on the internet.
- The PSP runs quite a bit more slowly than desktop flash, users will have to wait a second or two after clicking a button for the effect to show up.
- PSP supports Flash 6, but Flash 6 doesn't allow sending results to our service. There is a way around this if you send the results back to your own server. Flash 7 is required to use the 'Results by Email' service.