Policy-based Resilience Simulator with OMNeT++/Compiling INET
You can also refer the official guide to know how to compile INET.
Download the latest version from INET website. If you are setting up Policy-based Resilience Simulator, you will need version 2010723.
INET and OMNeT++ VersionsEdit
INET is particular about the version of OMNeT++.
- INET 2.1.0 for OMNeT++ 4.2/4.3
- INET 2.0.0 for OMNeT++ 4.2
- INET 20111118 for OMNeT++ 4.2
- INET 20110225 for OMNeT++ 4.1
- INET 20100723 for OMNeT++ 4.1
- INET 20100323 for OMNeT++ 4.0
- INET 20061020 for OMNeT++ 3.3
During compilation, unless they are properly teamed, the INET framework won't compile and will give errors.
1. Unpack the .tar.gz file to the omnetpp folder in Home.
2. Building INET: In OMNeT++ IDE, go to
File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace
Choose the INET parent directory as root directory (situated in /home/<your_user_name>/omnetpp-4.1/ ) and click finish. Right click on "inet" folder in Project Explorer, click "Close unrelated Projects". Now press
Project > Build All to build INET. If the OMNeT++, INET versions match, it will compile without any errors (there will be few warning messages, you can ignore it!)
Now, INET is ready. You can proceed to the next article.