Physics Course/Light< Physics Course
Sources of Light
Light comes from difference sources .
- Light from Stars (the Sun), from the Moon (reflection).
- A chemical reaction between flammable and combustible materials . Example(s): a Candle's Light, a Matches' Light.
- Light from thunder.
- Bioluminesence, a chemical reaction. Example(s): Fireflies, Certain Bacteria
- Matter Absorbs Electric Energy until one point in time it no longer absorb Electric Energy instead it converts Electric Energy into Radiated Electromagnetic Light.
- Electric's Conductor when conducts current release Heat and radiate Light.
Characteristics of Light
- Light travels as a wave at a constant speed C = 3 x 108 m/s in vacuum
- Light shines on an object will leave objects' image
- The absorption of Light Energy depend on matter material's Thickness and Color .
- Thick Clothes are easy to dry under the sun light . Dark Clothes are easy to dry under the sun light
- Light Wave from different sources travel in the same medium can interfere with each other to produce different kinds of Light's Interference . No Light, when light waves interfere constructively . Bright Light when light waves interfere Destructively
- Light Wave can be reflected back into the medium that it comes from and could be interfere with other wave lights in the medium to produce Interference
- Light Decomposed into Six lights of six colors Red , Orange , Yellow , Green , Blue , Violet when it travels through a crystal medium . For example Rainbow in the sky after the rain . Light passing through Prism
- Color of light can be produced from three primaries colors namely Red Green Blue commonly refer to as RGB by mixing them in percentage
- Light that the eyes perceive are in the frequency length of that has wavelength 400 - 700 nm
- According to Kaluza-Klein Theory, it may be a ripple in a five dimensional space-time fabric