Photography Equipment/Medium Format< Photography Equipment
Medium format digital systems differentiate themselves from 35mm DSLR type cameras by having a larger sensor, usually a CCD. However many medium format cameras can also be described as Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR).
- Hasselblad H system, eg HD3II-50 (50 megapixel 36×48mm sensor), leaf shutter lenses
- PhaseOne digital backs, compatible with a variety of cameras, eg P65+ camera back (53.9x40.4 mm, 60.5 megapixels)
- Leaf system using the Rollei mount, Leaf Aptus-II 10 (56x36mm snesor, 56 megapixels) 
- Sinar Hy6 system using the Rollei mount
- Seitz 6x17 Digital
Medium format film photography systems generally use roll film that is 6cm wide; either 120 film that is 72cm long with a paper backing or 220 film that is twice as long with no paper backing. Different systems use different aspect ratios, such as the smaller 6×4.5cm film size (also known as 645), the square 6×6cm format up to the panoramic 6×17cm format. The actual image size on the film is slightly smaller than the stated value, for example the Mamiya 645 system creates images sizes of 5.6x4.15cm.
- Hasselblad H system, eg H2F camera, autofocus leaf shutter lenses
- Mamiya 645 system, eg 645 AFD III, autofocus, focal place shutter
- Rollei, eg 6008AF camera, autofocus on selected Schneider lenses. Zeiss manual focus lenses also available. Leaf shutter.
- Mamiya 7 system. Rangefinder with leaf shutter.
- Linhof Technorama, 5 Schneider lenses, groundglass and shift adapter available