Open Education Handbook/Open Education - Conferences and Events
There are several points in the calendar where awareness of openness in education is raised. These include:
- Open Education Week (March)
- Open Access Week (October)
- Open Data Day (February)
- Education Freedom Day (January)
There are also many conferences dedicated to open education which take place all around the world.
Open Education ConferencesEdit
- Online Educa – Annual global elearning conference held in Berlin.
- OER14 conference – Annual conference held in the UK, focused on OER.
- Mozilla Festival – Annual event usually held in London, lots of teaching and learning activities related to web.
- OKFest – The Open Knowledge Foundation Festival – this year open education is likely to an important area.
- Wikimania - Annual conference centered on Wikimedia projects with tracks dedicated to education, free culture, open data, and more.
- Cetis Conference - Annual Conference from Cetis, UK centre that specialises in technology innovation and interoperability standards in learning, education and training.
- OPPI - Helsinki Learning Festival: Held in Helsinki, first year in 2014. Focuses on new learning practices.
- OpenEd conference – Annual conference held in US, currently the biggest Open education conference in the world.
- OCWC Conference – Held in the US and organised by the Open Courseware Consortium.
- Connections - US conference that brings together leading policy, academic and technology experts to discuss the future of open education resources (OER) as well as the technologies that are making this future a possibility.
- Inaugural International Conference on Open and Flexible Learning (ICOFE) – Annual event held last year in Hong Kong.
- International Conference of the African Virtual University – This year was the first year this conference ran, held in Kenya.
- Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning – Bi-annual event organised by the Commonwealth of Learning, held in Africa.
- Asia Regional OpenCourseWare And Open Education Conference - Held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and organised by University of Malaya.
- EELU ICEL 2014 - EELU International conference on e-learning - Held in Egypt.
- OER Asia - Open Educational Resource Community in Asia Symposium - Held in WOU in Penang, now in its 2nd year.