OpenGL was deprecated in macOS 10.14, but at least in macOS 10.15, OpenGL and GLUT are still available
Use GLUT and OpenGL from within Xcode:Edit
- Open Xcode located in "/Developer/Applications/"
- Choose "New Project" from the file menu
- Choose "Command Line Tool" under the Application template for Mac OS X
- Choose type "C++"
- Enter your desired project name and directory and click create
- In the "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" area click the "+" button, and select "OpenGL.framework"
- Repeat for "GLUT.framework"
When #including OpenGL & GLUT header files (but not the regular ones like iostream) within Xcode, make sure to do so like this:
in other words: