| This is the print version of Onondaga
You won't see this message or any elements not part of the book's content when you print or preview this page.
The current, editable version of this book is available in Wikibooks, the open-content textbooks collection, at
Permission is granted to copy, distribute, and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
This section contains basic Onondaga vocabulary.
Onondaga Nation Dialect
- Onoñda’gegá’- Onondaga (People of the Hills)
- Nya•wéñha -Thank you (I am grateful)
- Nyoñh - You're welcome
- Nya•wéñha Sgé•noñ’- I am thankful that you are well (a formal greeting)
- Heñheñ - Yes
- Hi•yah- No
- Hátsgwih- All right
- ___ Gya·jih - ___ it is my name
This section covers weather in the Onondaga Nation dialect
- Niweñdo'déñh - Weather (the kind of day it is)
- Owä•de' - It is windy
- Osdáeñ•dyoñh - It is raining
- O'géñ•dyoñh - It is snowing
- Dyo'goñt weñ•di'yoh - (It's always) a nice day