Note Taking/Basic Formatting< Note Taking
While there are many ways to take notes, the best ways are the ones you feel most comfortable with. There are however a few formatting ideas that are used by all sort of notes.
- Separate major ideas by a blank line, and more general ideas by a few more lines.
- If you're almost done with a page, and are starting a new unit or section, start on a new page.
- Writing on only one side of a page is a very good idea, but is not required.
- Use abbreviations and symbols to avoid long sentences.
- Write down information in your own words.