Need for Speed: Most Wanted/Game modes
The premise of Most Wanted is essentially races and police chases. Two major modes, Career mode and Challenge modes, as the modes of the game that integrates the two features and is where you will be able to unlock new cars, parts and tracks.
- Tollbooth- You race alone to designated checkpoints (toll booths) along a point-to-point route before time runs out (similar to Time Attack modes in arcade-style racing games). The more time you have as you reach a toll booth, the more time you have to arrive at the next one.
- Speed Trap- Players compete with each other to get the highest accumulated speed record at multiple traffic cameras. At a speed trap/traffic camera, players accelerate their car to aim for a high speed. Points will be reduced over a period of time after an opponent crosses the finish line first.
- Circuit- Players race each other on a circuit course for a set amount of laps.
- Sprint- Players race each other in a point-to-point course.
- Knockout- Players race around a circuit, where a player in the last position after each lap is eliminated.
- Drag- Using a car with manual transmission, players drag race against each other on a road which almost always has cars that you must avoid.
You start out in several introduction races using a BMW GTR M3, a sufficiently fast and excellent racing vehicle for this moment, only to lose it to a racer who sabotaged your car. You then start again with a slower vehicle. From here you will have to face 15 other racers before racing the guy who won your car. Career mode cosists of:
- Races in which you must place first to complete
- Completing milestones in police pursuits
- Collecting bounty
- Completing the requirements that Blacklist racers set out that you have to accomplish before racing them
- Defeating all of the blacklist racers and becoming the Most Wanted.
Once you have managed to defeat the last Blacklist racer, you will get back your BMW and will be required to experience the full force of the police. Keep from getting busted for 5 minutes and a phone call will notify you of an escape route at one end of the map. Reach that point and pick up speed to watch the final cutscene of your car jumping over a broken bridge, while the police fail to do so. If you have already completed all the races and milestones in this mode, you have completed the Career mode.
Note that Career Mode is very useful in unlocking much of the game's contents, including stock cars, race tracks and car parts.
Blacklist Racers (Career Mode)Edit
Requires Information about Blacklist racer requirements
The following people are the Blacklist racers that you will have to face throughout the Career mode. You start off facing Blacklist driver #15, and work your way upwards. You will defeat each racer to challenge the next Blacklist racer above the defeated racer until you reach racer #1, Razor, who will be your final racing competitor. Also enclosed in the list are requirements to race with each racer. The list of racers, for the earliest to the latest, are as followed:
Blacklist Rival #15, SonnyEdit
- Name: Ho Seun "Sonny"
- Vehicle: Volkswagon Golf GTi
- Strength: Circuit races
- Bio: "This here is Sonny. He's dumped a whole lot of cash into his car. That ride is worked so don't be fooled, it's a rocket. He does anything he can to get a hold of parts before they hit the streets."
- Racing requisites: ...
Blacklist Rival #14, TazEdit
- Name: Vince Kilic "Taz"
- Vehicle: Lexus IS300
- Strength: Sprint races
- Bio: "This crazy fool is a major heat score. Blacklist gave him the name "Taz". He hates cops and they hate him. Watch yourself around this guy. He prowls the streets of Rosewood looking for newbies."
Blacklist Rival #13, VicEdit
- Name: Victor Vasquez "Vic"
- Vehicle: Toyota Supra
- Strength: Pursuit length
- Bio: "This dude's been holding it down in the #13 slot for a while now. He can't break out of his rut and no one can run him out. He's slach and dangerous but knows how to handle his ride. He'll smoke you if he gets the chance."
Blacklist Rival #12, IzzyEdit
- Name: Isabel Diaz "Izzy"
- Vehicle: Mazda RX-8
- Strength: Lap Knockout races
- Bio: "Izzy is definitely a chick you don't want to mess with. She knows everything there is about cars, on and off the road. She's got her ride wired tight. She comes from a long line of race fanatics. Everybody she runs with is either a cousin, friend or uncle. They all stick close do don't get on her bad side."
Blacklist Rival #11, Big LouEdit
- Name: Lou Park "Big Lou"
- Vehicle: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Strength: Tollbooth time trials
- Bio: "This slab of Korean muscle considers himself a real ladies man. He's all show. Rumor has it; he panics around the cops and bails on races the first chance he gets. Along with that they say he has problems working the clutch so he's slow off the line. I wouldn't count on it if I was you."
Blacklist Rival #10, BaronEdit
- Name: Karl Smit "Baron"
- Vehicle: Porsche Cayman S
- Strength: Infractions
- Bio: "This flake calls himself 'Baron'. He's a rich guy from the coast. He thinks garage custom is an excuse for being broke. As far as he's concerned, "If it's not name brand, it's nothing." Go show him what home grown rides can do."
Blacklist Rival #9, EarlEdit
- Name: Eugene James "Earl"
- Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
- Strength: Sprint races
- Bio: "This guy hails from the lower eastside of Rockport but now rides on the coast. He's a big fan of imports and goes out of his way to take on the big blocks."
Blacklist Rival #8, JewelsEdit
- Name: Jade Barrett "Jewels"
- Vehicle: Ford Mustang GT
- Strength: Drag races
- Bio: "This sweet thing goes by the name Jewel's. She's all about big block and muscle. She's got a lot of mileage under her wheels so don't be tempted to do anything stupid, she's got some serious power under the hood."
Blacklist Rival #7, KazeEdit
- Name: Kira Nakazoto "Kaze"
- Vehicle: Mercedes Benz CLK 500
- Strength: Pursuit cost to state
- Bio: "Kaze is crazy. What she can't conquer with skills, she demolishes with speed. Don't let her sweet looks fool ya. She'll trash anything she sees including you. She's not afraid to ding her ride to put you out of commission."
Blacklist Rival #6, MingEdit
- Name: Hector Domingo "Ming"
- Vehicle: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Strength: Photo tickets
- Bio: "This here is Ming. He prides himself on keeping his ride looking stock. He's fast and shreds radar traps everywhere he can. He's the straight goods. Word is the guy his ride came from some rich cat who talked when he should have been listening. Don't take him on until you're ready."
Blacklist Rival #5, WebsterEdit
- Name: Wes Allen "Webster"
- Vehicle: Corvette C6
- Strength: Escaping pursuits
- Bio: "Webster's always talking about rides, performance, racers, blah, blah, blah. Won't shut up. He's got some crazy idea that he'sgonna make it big. When he ain't street racing he's hanging out at shops. His ride is tuned to the max. Apparently the interior is stripped of everything that isn't related to speed!"
Blacklist Rival #4, JVEdit
- Name: Joe Vega "JV"
- Vehicle: Dodge Viper SRT10
- Strength: Speedtrap races
- Bio: "I don't know how JV does it, man. His nights are spent in the clubs and days on the streets. This guy's got a lot of street rep. Cops hate him and racers want to be like him. His flash green Dodge Viper has cops swarming around it all the time."
Blacklist Rival #3, RonnieEdit
- Name: Ronald McCrea "Ronnie"
- Vehicle: Aston Martin DB9
- Strength: Immobilizing police vehicles
- Bio: "You know Ronnie. He's on of those rich freaks that thinks he's ghetto. He definitely ain't from around that way. He got his car as a graduation gift from his parents. Don't be fooled though this guy knows how to drive. He's been to every race school you can think of."
Blacklist Rival #2, BullEdit
- Name: Toru Sato "Bull"
- Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Strength: Sprint races
- Bio: "If it weren't for Razor, Toru would still be hanging down at the docks dreaming of the Blacklist. This fool thinks he's got a sleeper, calls it reverse psychology. The only thing stock on his ride is the paint. Toru likes to keep his car mint to give him a bump when you can."
Blacklist Rival #1, RazorEdit
- Name: Clarence Callahan "Razor"
- Vehicle: BMW M3 GTR
- Strength: Every form of race and pursuit related-skills
- Bio: "Razor rocketed to the top of the Blacklist using your ride. Now he's holding it down and rolling the streets like he owns them. He'll do anything he can to give himself an edge. That includes messing with your head. Remember, you can't trust anything he says."
Challenge mode is basically a set of 68 (69 with a cheat) race challenges that require you to meet several requirements to complete a challenge. In Need for Speed: Most Wanted Black Edition, you will have 69 challenges (70 with a cheat). The level of difficulty of each challenge will increase as you progress.
There are two types of challenge mode races:
- Tollbooth racing, which requires you to complete an entire track within an allocated time limit and heat level.
- Milestone racing, which requires you to complete a milestone and evade the police.
Note that each completed event will unlock the next challenge, so you have to begin with the first challenge before moving up to more challenging objectives. Bonus cars will be unlocked as you progress that can be used in Quick Race Mode.
If the cheat code mentioned in paragraph 1 of this section is used, another challenge race will be added. It is called the Burger King challenge. In this race you will race against opponents in the BMW M3 GTR. Completion of this challenge will unlock the Junkman parts in the "My Cars" garage. The cars created in this garage can only be used in "Quick Race" mode.
Quick Race ModeEdit
Quick Race Mode consists of either races you can either create yourself or have the game create a race randomly. Quick Race Mode is also the only part of the game that you can use cars made in the "My Cars" garage and bonus cars won from the Challenge Series. Players can select what car they will drive, how many opponents, traffic level, number of laps, toggling on and off the catch-up feature, difficulty, and the track they will race on.