Muggles' Guide to Harry Potter/Places< Muggles' Guide to Harry Potter
This page will provide a list of places mentioned and visited in the Harry Potter series of novels. Emphasis is given to places where a substantial amount of action has occurred, or that play a significant off-stage role in the story arc. Primarily, this page will consist of links to more in-depth articles about these places.
We note that some places are also institutions (e.g. the Ministry of Magic) or groups of people (e.g. the House of Gaunt). Articles linked from this page will concern themselves with the location; other aspects will be covered in articles under different headings.
Places where many events happen and/or where the characters spend a great deal of time.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- The Burrow
- Platform 9-3/4
- Hogwarts Express
- Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey
Places that are only visited once or a handful of times but where significant events may have occurred.
- Diagon Alley
- The Leaky Cauldron
- Eeylops Owl Emporium
- Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor
- Flourish and Blotts
- Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop
- Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions
- Magical Menagerie
- Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC
- Quality Quidditch Supllies
- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Godric's Hollow
- Number 12 Grimmauld Place
- in or near Hogwarts
- Knockturn Alley
- Little Hangleton
- Malfoy Manor
- Ministry of Magic
- Shell Cottage
- Spinner's End
- St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
- The Surrey Zoo