Modeling from A to Z/Modeling principles/O is for OWL-DL
Let us begin with a focus on our running example: the Tracking Management System. Some of the key terms we use are related to containers and materials. Here are some containment laws:
- The contents of any container must be known.
- Crates contain only packages.
- Packages contain only raw material.
- Liners contain only packages.
- Drums contain only pucks and liners.
- Pucks contain only one liner of non-liquor material.
Semantic Web Ontology LanguageEdit
There is a very good overview of OWL which is publicly avaiiable.
For practical work we suggest the Protégé-OWL editor.
Semantic Web Rule LanguageEdit
A very brief overview of the SWRL is available.
- Fitzgerald&Jones 1998, p.6