The page breaks can be changed on an Excel spreadsheet so that it prints a bit nicer. This can also help to reduce the number of pages that get printed.
- First, check out how it is currently set to print with File > Print Preview.
- Second, if you want to change the page breaks, at the top of the print preview, click the “Page Break Preview” button.
- Now you will see the spreadsheet broken up by dashed lines with a faint page number in each region.
- You can move these dashed lines to change the page breaks.
- Do File > Print Preview again and you will see how the change affects the printing.
- You will also see “Page Break Preview” option has changed to “Normal View”
- You can also find “Page Break Preview” and “Normal View” under View in the menu bar.
What if you want to print only part of the spreadsheet?Edit
- Highlight the area that you want to print.
- From the menu bar, select File > Print Area > Set Print Area
- Now when you go to File > Print Preview, you will see only the area that you highlighted.
- To go back to printing the entire document, use File > Print Area > Clear Print Area
Not able to highlight the region you wanted to print?Edit
- Go to File > Page Setup
- Click the Sheet tab
- In the box marked “Print Area” you can click the tiny spreadsheet icon.
- This will reduce the box and allow you to highlight what you want (or something close to it).
- You will see the cell range appear in the “Print Area” box.
- Edit the string to get it to cover what you want, and click on the icon at the end of the box.
- Now hit File > Print Preview
- Remember to remove these settings if you want to print something else.