Mega Man X/Reploids
Mega Man XEdit
- DLN-014?: (he is not assigned a number, though this would be the next number in the Light series)
- Created: Completed in the 2020s most likely.
- Sealed: On September 18th of that decade
- Unsealed: April 14th, 2115.
- Occupation: A member of Dr. Cain's Maverick Hunters since its creation at the Council's desire in March of 2116; X fights for the good of both human and Reploid kind though Dr. Light wishes that he could live a life of peace. X dreams of creating a utopia called "Elisium," where humans and Reploids can live together in peace.
- Likes: Justice and protecting the peace.
- Dislikes: Those that destroy the prosperity of human and Reploid kind.
Dr. Light was the premier robotic engineer of the 21st century, having founded Light Labs in the 1990s with Dr. Albert W. Wily in order to further the technological advancements of the world. As previously mentioned, Rock, the lab assistant created by Light and Wily was modified at his own suggestion when Wily rebelled out of jealousy in 2008 into the fighting robot known as Mega Man. The Wily Wars waged on through out the end of the 2000s and throughout the 2010s, and later in Light's life he began to consider the possibility of designing an advanced Artificial Intelligence.
Light believed that an artificial being even more advanced and greater than Mega Man could be created- one capable of expressing emotions, feelings, and making its own decisions and choosing its own destiny in life. Thus, he decided to call this being Mega Man X. X is equipped with many advanced features, like the "X Buster MK17," a buster far superior than the original "Mega Buster," broad-range sensor cameras in his eyes, titanium alloyed armor, and thus overall was an excellent specimen. However, Light knew that he would not live to complete his research with X- a being that was able to make its own decisions and choose its own destiny, and one with as much potential power as X, was potentially very dangerous, though it did possess great possibility. So, sometime in the 2020s, Dr. Light sealed X in a capsule for what he intended to be 30 years with the following message:
- "X" IS THE FIRST OF A NEW GENERATION OF ROBOTS WHICH CONTAIN AN INNOVATIVE NEW FEATURE - THE ABILITY TO THINK, FEEL AND MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS. HOWEVER THIS ABILITY COULD BE VERY DANGEROUS. IF "X" WERE TO BREAK THE FIRST RULE OF ROBOTICS, "A ROBOT MUST NEVER HARM A HUMAN BEING", THE RESULTS WOULD BE DISASTROUS AND I FEAR THAT NO FORCE ON EARTH COULD STOP HIM.
APPROXIMATELY 30 YEARS WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE WE CAN SAFELY CONFIRM HIS RELIABILITY. UNFORTUNATELY I WILL NOT LIVE TO SEE THAT DAY, NOR DO I HAVE ANYONE TO CARRY ON MY WORK. THEREFORE, I HAVE DECIDED TO SEAL HIM IN THIS CAPSULE, WHICH WILL TEST HIS INTERNAL SYSTEMS UNTIL HIS RELIABILITY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB THE CAPSULE UNTIL THAT TIME. "X" POSSESSES GREAT RISKS AS WELL AS GREAT POSSIBILITIES. I CAN ONLY HOPE FOR THE BEST.
- SEPTEMBER 18, 20XX
X was intended to remain in stasis for 30 years, though for reasons as of yet unstated by Capcom,, X remained sealed in his Capsule and was not discovered until around 90 years in the future (the early-22nd century). Some assert that perhaps there was a war in the mid-to-late-21st century that led to the lab being destroyed and thus the capsule never being opened on time. Others say that perhaps one of Light's creations (such as Zero) destroyed the lab during the 21st century, but somehow did not find X's capsule. Regardless of what happened, however, X was not discovered until archaeologist Dr. Cain and his team discovered the ruins of Light's Lab while digging for fossilized plant life of the Mesozoic Era. Dr. Cain held a conversation with X on April 14th, 2115 and was intrigued by him, and it was in the next year that Cain would use X's design to create a race of advanced artificial beings known as Reploids (or "Replicants" of X's design).
When Sigma went Maverick and started the first large-scale revolt on June 4th, 2119, X no longer lived a life of peace, but rather, he played a crucial role as a "war machine" in fighting, alongside his friend Zero, the maverick armies of the former-commander, and putting down the uprising. As the years passed, further uprisings would occur, and X would rise in status in the Maverick Hunters, even though he was not originally designed as a war machine.
In later years, X, like Dr. Light, becomes a pacifist, believing fighting to be futile and saying that there are other ways to solve the problems of mankind and the Reploids, though in the end, when the lives of his friends and humans and Reploids are put in danger by factions like Red Alert and by Sigma himself, X feels that he has no choice but to pick up the proverbial sword and join in the conflict.
X receives upgrades and advice from Dr. Light, who "lives on" in the 21st and 22nd century as a sentient Artificial Intelligence that is often stored in capsules hidden around the landscapes and presented in the form of holograms. He talks to X and his friends and gives them advice and learns about the different situations that exist at the time. In X's case, he provides upgrades to X's body, such as X Buster modifications or armor upgrades.
In the 23rd century, X is depicted as having had numerous upgrades, though he is the same X that he always has been, even if he is 100 years old by their standards or 200 years old by other standards!
- SWN-004?: (Zero is not assigned a number, but he was the last of Wily's creations)
- Completed: In the 2020s most likely.
- Sealed: 20XX; the events after Zero's creation have never been specified by Capcom, so theories will be discussed later.
- Unsealed: 21XX; at an unspecified date between 2116 and June 4th, 2119 Zero is discovered by the Maverick Hunters in the ruins of Dr. Wily's lab.
- Occupation: Since being trained by Sigma and under the leadership of Dr. Cain in the early-22nd Century, Zero has been X's partner and the highest-ranked Maverick Hunter, serving as a prime example for all Reploids and feared by Mavericks around the globe.
- Likes: Protecting the innocent.
- Dislikes: Injustice, and his fears of his original programming which make him believe that he will turn "maverick" and may destroy X and all those he loves and cares about.
Dr. Albert W. Wily founded Light Labs with Dr. Thomas Light in the 1990s with the goal of furthering the development of technology, especially in the fields of computers, robotics, and Artificial Intelligence, in the 20th and 21st centuries. The two together created a plethora of useful robots that aided the world in many helpful ways in the 2000s and went on with Project Robot Master to develop advanced artificial beings known as Robot Masters, the initial creations being Blues, Rock, and Roll and then the Industrial Series. Yet when Dr. Light received the 2007 Nobel Prize for the creation of the Robot Masters as well as top honors at the LIT Manual Design Contest, Dr. Wily boiled in jealousy and in December of 2008 rebelled against his colleague and started a series of robot vs. human wars known as the Wily Wars that lasted through the 2000s and 2010s.
When Dr. Wily realized that his creations were failing to destroy Mega Man, Wily realized that he would need to develop something far more advanced than the world had ever seen. The first creation that he came up with (in 2014) was Bass (SWN-001), created while Wily was experimenting with an element known as Bassnium, and his robotic canine companion, Treble (SWN-002). However, try and try as he might, this "accidental" creation during Wily's experimental phase was not strong enough to topple the "Blue Bomber." So, Wily went back to the drawing board, and a year later he developed a robot designed not only to test the power of Bass, but to destroy Mega Man. This new robot (created in 2015) was designed with a new type of technology and was called King (SWN-003). This time, both Mega Man and Bass defeated this creation.
However, Wily was not done with his attempts. Knowing that Light was working on a "next generation" robot, Wily sat down and spent several years developing a robot that, upon seeing it, Bass described it as "girly-looking." However, Wily assured Bass that this robot, which he called "Zero", would be far more powerful than anything the world had ever known.
Yet, what happend between the time of Zero's completion and his discovery between 2116-2119? Capcom has yet to answer this question. Yet, later in a later section of this WikiBook one of the most popular standing theories will be presented.
At an unspecified date, sometime between the Maverick Hunters' founding in March, 2116 and Sigma's rebellion of June 4th, 2119, the Maverick Hunters discover the ruins of Dr. Wily's lab and the capsule containing Zero. However, Zero is going "Maverick" apparently due to a crystal on his forehead containing the "Dr. W" logo, so Sigma is called to the scene by Dr. Cain to take him down, barely surviving the fight, and in the process breaking the crystal and exposing himself to a bio-computer virus created by Dr. Wily that was contained within it. Sigma then takes Zero under his wing after he is restored by Cain and he becomes one of the best Hunters, receiving the highest rank after Sigma's 2119 rebellion.
Zero forms a relationship with Iris, the "sister" of the Colonel of the Repliforce, though he is forced to fight her when she is exposed to the Sigma Virus and goes maverick. His love for her and her death tragically affects him and some say he never quite gets over it.
Zero possesses many combat options- he has his Z-Buster (similar to the X Buster) and also fights with his signature Z-Saber, which some say was a play off of Star Wars' Light Sabers, just as Vile/Vavva seems to be a play off of Bobba Fett.
After the events of the 23rd Century's Elf Wars, Zero decides that he is a present danger to society and discusses options with a mysterious scientist to seal himself away in a capsule in order to prevent himself from turning into a Maverick- at least for the next 102 years. X, therefore, is left to handle the battles on his own.
He awakens sometime in the mid-24th Century by a scientist name Ciel, only to face a whole new course of unsettling events...
- Created: December, 2115 by Dr. Cain, based on the designs of Mega Man X.
- Destroyed: Early-2170s (Jakob Project incident).
- Occupation: Sigma was designed to be able to withstand almost any type of environment and any malevolent force, and thus, when Maverick outbreaks began in 2116 and the Maverick Hunters were created in March, 2116, he was put in command of the Hunters in April, 2116. However, in June, 2119 Sigma himself went Maverick and led a rebellion, and throughout the century would pose a great threat to the Reploid race until his destruction at the hands of X, Zero, and Lumine on the surface of the Moon in the early-2170s.
- Likes: Domination; Sigma believes that Reploids should be free of human dominion.
- Dislikes: Those that stand in his way- namely the Maverick Hunters.
Sigma was the first Reploid, or Replicant Mechaniloid, to be designed based on an emulation of Mega Man X's designs by the archaeologist who unearthed X in the early 22nd Century, Dr. Cain. Dr. Cain spent eight months studying X's designs, and though only an archaeologist, he learned much from his studies, and in December of 2115 he managed to produce his first creation- a Reploid he called Sigma.
Sigma was supposed to possess all of the qualities which made X far superior than the standard mechaniloids (his advanced AI systems, etc.), and moreover, he was designed to be able to withstand almost any type of environment and malevolent force that attacked him. Because of the success of the Sigma Project, by February of 2116 Reploid assembly lines became widespread across the globe and Cain became known as the Father of the Reploid Race.
However, when some of the Reploids began to go Maverick, which some speculated to be due to differences or imperfections in Cain's designs or perhaps the fact that Reploids had free will and could choose to ignore the "Laws of Robotics," the Council urged Cain to create the Maverick Hunters, which in April of 2116 Cain placed Sigma in charge of.
A couple of years later, one of the Hunter units encountered the ruins of Dr. Wily's lab, and inside they found Zero, who was going berserk and attacking them all. Sigma was sent in by Cain to bring him down, and in doing so he broke the "Dr. W" crystal on his forehead and released a biological-computer virus that would infect his system (a virus which Wily had placed within Zero, knowing it would be released in the future).
Thus, finally succumbing to the effects of the virus and his own desires for power, on June 4th, 2119 Sigma lead the first widescale rebellion that would start a massive series of wars between himself and the Maverick Hunters.
Though the Hunters (X and Zero, and then later Axl) would manage to defeat him time and time again, because of his embodiment as both an artificial being and a virus, he would return to wreak havoc again and again.
A lot of the time he would pull the strings behind organizations, such as the Repliforce, and that particular incident lead to a series of events known as the Reploid Wars. He also was behind the Red Alert incident.
Sigma's followers were known as the X Hunters, and this particular organization received its height with his second revival.
Sigma was finally destroyed in the early-2170s when the Jakob's Tower was created and he once again infected the world with his virus to create a "new world order." X, Zero, and Axl managed to destroy him once and for all with the assistance of Lumine, the director of the Jakob Project, on the surface of the moon, ensuring that the virus would no longer be able to spread and find a new body...
- Next-Generation Reploid Prototype
- Created: Circa 2160.
- Occupation: Axl is the prototype for the Next-Generation Reploids who originally was a member of Red Alert, but after discovering what was underfoot there he went awol and became a member of the Maverick Hunters, proving his worth. Since then he has served well in many battles in the 22nd and 23rd centuries.
- Likes: Keeping order and having a good time.
- Dislikes: Those that can't have fun.
Not much of Axl's past is known. However, he was the prototype for the Next-Generation Reploids build around 2160 and became because of his unique abilities (to shape-shift, for example) he was recruited by Red Alert, the faction that filled the void of the then-weakening Maverick Hunters. However, Axl soon realized the internal corruption within Red Alert, especially of their leader Red, so he went awol and sought the help of the Maverick Hunters.
Since then, he has proven his worth on many occasions, being instrumental in the defeat of Red Alert and in the Jakob Project incident in which Sigma was destroyed on the Moon's surface. In the 23rd century he also proved his worth in the Force Metal incidents.
Axl's unique abilities to shape-shift and to wield powerful rapid-fire weapons make him an extremely powerful member of the Maverick Hunter team.
- Cain#XXX (he is the last creation of Dr. Cain)
- Created: 2130
- Occupation: Dr. Cain specifically created Signas with the most advanced CPU of all Reploids of his time in order to be the leader of the Maverick Hunters upon Cain's retirement. Thus, when Cain retired, Signas took command of the Hunters and has served as an excellent leader for them throughout their many campaigns.
- Likes: Strategy, careful planning, and camaraderie.
- Dislikes: Those who don't plan ahead.
After the failures of the Sigma, Doppler, and Repliforce Projects, Dr. Cain's guilt had built up on him to the point where he had had enough and wished to step down from his position as the "head" of the Maverick Hunters. Moreover, he was getting older and did not know how much longer he would live, so he began to contemplate who he would choose as a successor. He knew that Mega Man X was a pacifist by design, fighting out of necessity, and that Zero, though a very avid fighter, was still at that time not quite ready for the reigns of command.
It was thus that he turned towards making his final creation, a reploid with the most advanced CPU of all reploids at the time. He called this reploid Signas, and in 2130 he placed him in charge of the Maverick Hunters.
Signas by nature is a calculating individual, but he has proven to be a good friend to X, Zero, and Axl. He has lead them through many campaigns, his first being the Eurasia Colony incident of the 2140s on through the Jakob Project incident of the early-2170s where Sigma was destroyed.
It is unknown exactly what happened to Signas in the 23rd century, however, as Colonel Redips is in charge of the Maverick Hunters by the time of the Force Metal incident of the 2210s, so this is a question that Capcom will have to answer sometime in the future...
- Created: 2130s
- Occupation: Alia was created to serve as the supporter for the Maverick Hunters on their missions, and since her creation she has performed an excellent job; for not being out there in the action, she still is an honored member of the Hunters.
- Likes: Helping the Hunters bring justice and help to those in need.
- Dislikes: Those that disrupt order and promote chaos.
Alia was created in the 2130s in order to serve as a supporter for the Hunters while out on their missions. She is in constant radio contact with them and provides information on the surrounding areas, Mavericks in the region, Reploids or humans in need of assistance, and what needs to be done to fulfill the mission.
Alia first helped the Hunters during the Eurasia Colony incident of the 2140s on through the Jakob Project incident of the early-2170s, and since then she has remained an integral part of the Maverick Hunter team.
- Cain#0XX (unknown, but Vile was one of Cain's early creations and a high-ranking Hunter)
- Created: 2110s (Between 2116 and 2119)
- Occupation: Vile was originally designed to command the 17th Unit, but once Sigma Rebelled on June 4th, 2119 he joined his Maverick ranks and although he is destroyed he seems to be rebuilt over and over again.
- Likes: Revenge- he seeks the destruction of X and Zero.
- Dislikes: Cowards and weaklings.
The actual backstory of Vile is unknown, but it is known that he was created by Dr. Cain shortly after the creation of the Maverick Hunters in order to head up the 17th Unit. When X and Zero begin to fight the Mavericks that have risen up in the June 4th Rebellion, they are confronted by Vile, who turned sides on them. At that time, X is not powerful enough to defeat him and Zero fends him off. However, when the two defeat the Mavericks that are leading the main groups of Sigma's army, they re-encounter Vile, who once again is riding around in his War Mech (battle armor), and when it once again nearly defeats them, Zero throws himself at it and sacrifices himself to destroy it, and in the end, X destroys Vile.
However, when Dr. Doppler goes maverick a few years later he rebuilds Vile and gives him everything that he needs in order to "get his revenge on X and Zero" (Doppler hopes that in doing so it will eliminate them), but even with his new improvements (he has fire-bombs, machine gun-like weapons, and an improved mech) he is once again defeated.
Vile drops off the radar until he returns almost half a century later during the Jakob Incident to kidnap Lumine for Sigma. So, even though he gets defeated, it seems someone saves his main CPU and AI (as they did upon Zero's death, as with the rest of his parts) and manages to rebuild him when he is needed. Are X and Zero now truly rid of Vile?
- 3.) Game FAQs
- 4.) Rockman Perfect Memories, ISBN 4575163546