MeGUI/Configuration/Video Encoder Configuration/x264
|This page gives a quick explanation of what each setting does. For more information, read the x264 Settings page.
AVC profiles: This setting is used to help you encode to a specific profile of AVC. Settings above the profile selected will not be settable.
RC and MEEdit
Quantization matrix: Set a custom quantization matrix to be used. You must specify the custom matrix. The default matrix (none) is a flat matrix. x264 also includes the JVT matrix.
Custom Command Line: Add arbitrary text to the x264 commandline. This is added to the very end of the entire line.
Macroblock Options Enable and disable different macroblocks that can be used during the encoding process. The letter refers to the frame type the macroblock can be used in (either i, p or b), and the numbers refer to the partition size (either 8x8 or 4x4 pixels). Adaptive DCT allows an 8x8 transform in addition to the default 4x4 transform.
Along the bottom of the dialog there is a section called profiles. Profiles have already been created for the most common applications. Sharktooth has made these profiles available at doom9. The above page provides a very brief explanation of what each profile should be used for as well as a link to download the profiles. Note that you can also modify existing profiles and create your own.
- Profiles dropdown: Lets you view all available profiles for x264. If you select one it will load over the top of your current settings.
- Delete: Delete the currently selected profile.
- New: Create a new profile.
- Update: Save the current settings into the currently selected profile.
- Load Defaults: Just load the dialog's defaults. These are the settings which try and be as close to x264 defaults as possible. They don't correspond to any profile.