Mario Kart: Double Dash!!/Printable version
| This is the print version of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
You won't see this message or any elements not part of the book's content when you print or preview this page.
Mushroom Cup edit
- 50cc:Green Fire (kart)
- 100cc:Rattle Buggy (kart)
- 150cc:Luigi's Mansion (Battle stage)
- Mirror Mode:Toadette Kart (kart)
Flower Cup edit
- 50cc:Bloom Coach (kart)
- 100cc:Waluigi Racer (kart)
- 150cc:Turbo Birdo (kart)
- Mirror Mode:Tilt-a-Kart (Battle stage)
Star Cup edit
- 50cc:Para Wing (kart)
- 100cc:Special Cup (Cup)
- 150cc:Barrel Train (kart)
- Mirror Mode:King Boo & Petey Piranha (character combo), Piranha Pipes (kart)
Special Cup edit
- 50cc:Bullet Blaster (kart)
- 100cc:Toad & Toadette (character combo), Toad Kart (kart)
- 150cc:All Cup Tour (Cup)
- Mirror Mode: Boo Pipes (kart)
All Cup Tour edit
- 150cc:Mirror Mode (Engine Size)
- Mirror Mode:Parade Kart (kart)
Once you win every cup, you get a new "Thanks For Playing" screen and a new title screen.
This is a table of all 190 Mario Kart: Double Dash!! character combinations. A character cannot be with himself/herself at the same time. For example, Mario cannot be with Mario.
M = Mario | L=Luigi | DK=Donkey Kong | DI=Diddy | W=Wario | WL = Waluigi | P=Peach | D=Daisy | Y=Yoshi | BR = Birdo | BM = Baby Mario | BL= Baby Luigi | K=Koopa | PT = Paratroopa | BO = Bowser | BJ = Bowser Junior | T=Toad | TE = Toadette | PP = Petey Piranha | KB=King Boo
Bob-omb Blast a type of battle mode in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.
- Drop - This drops a bomb behind you, which then explodes upon contact or when the fuse runs out. This move can be executed by hitting the Y or X button and pressing back with the control stick.
- Throw - This throws a bomb the normal distance in front of you. This move can be executed by driving and hitting the Y or X button or by staying still and not pressing the control stick.
- Hurl - This throws a bomb a far distance in front of you. This move can be executed by either backing up or staying still, and pressing the Y or X button while pressing forward on the control stick.
- Super Lob - This throws a bomb extremely high and far. It is executed by holding up on the control stick while moving forward and hurling it.
- Screen Watching - By watching the screen of your opponents, you can anticipate their moves. This strategy is extremely effective and advanced players often watch their opponents' screens more than their own.
- The Line - The Line is executed by dropping several bombs quickly in the path of your opponent. This leaves your opponent with little way to avoid your bombs. This is very useful while driving on narrow roads, such as the hallways in Luigi's Mansion. To avoid the Line, try using Screen Watching.
- Ricocheting - By using the Throw, Hurl and Super Lob, it is possible to ricochet bombs off walls. This technique can become extremely effective when coupled with Screen Watching.
- Backing Up - Although slow, Backing Up can be useful to execute the Hurl or to avoid the Line.
- Avoid the Blue - In the Block City stage, as a general rule, it is a good idea to avoid the blue colored area. While filled with bombs, its lower elevation makes it easy to throw bombs into. Also, it is very difficult to throw bombs out of.
- Cyclone of Terror - The execute this move, throw several bombs while using the Spin Turn. In small areas with walls, Ricocheting coupled with this move can produce damaging results.
- Character Selection - Since all characters throw the same distance, it is prudent to select smaller characters, as they are harder to hit.
Stage Selection edit
Although there a six stages to select from, Block City and Luigi's Mansion are the best suited for Bob-omb Blast. The extensive Ricochet possibilities of Block City make it a great option of games with any amount of players. The large size of Luigi's Mansion makes it perfectly suited for games with 3 or 4 players.
Alternative Methods of Play edit
Try placing paper around the radar and control your tiny dot.
Handicap Methods edit
If one person is clearly superior to the other, but you still want to engage in competition, you can use a handicap method. One handicap is that the superior player refrains from throwing bombs, only using the drop technique.
In many tracks there are various shortcuts to take to avoid getting beaten or to set a new time trial record. Below are some:
- Luigi Circuit: Shortly past the starting line there is a Chain Chomp (consider it a big, round dog) guarding a path off to the right. If you get a boost off the start line and "mini-turbo" into the shortcut, you should have no trouble getting by him. Executed properly, it'll save you about a second per lap.
- Peach Beach: 1) There will be a separate route in the beach area that goes over water. 2) After starting the course there will be a sharp turn. If the player head left instead of right, the player will be sent through a pipe and back the way he/she came (this shortcut is a big time waster and should only be used to get items). 3) When finishing the race, a set of items can be obtained by driving behind the plaza statue, giving generally the team's special item and a blue shell.
- Baby Park: The only trick with this course to to pull off extremely tight turns.
- Dry Dry Desert: Don't get sucked into the tornado or quick sand pit.
- Mushroom Bridge: 1) Halfway through the course will be a hill off to the right. Go up and over it to cut across the track, however, the ground isn't very good to drive on and will take approximately the same amount of time as driving on the road. This effect is removed while under the influence of a mushroom or star. 2) When a player gets to the bridge he/she can go to either the left railing or right railing and use accelerators to boost themselves to the top of the bridge, however, it is very easy to fall off, which would cause a loss of time greater than simply driving on the bridge, so many players avoid the rails. 3) In the very beginning, off to the right is a passage that leads the player in two 90 degree angles and through a warp pipe. It is a time waster but if the player is in 8th usually the player will get good items.
- Mushroom City: After going around the first curve, go straight past the fork in the road. Off to the right about 30 feet afterwards, there is a pink(?) alley spliting between two buildings with several boost pads. It will cut a lot of time off your total.
- Mario Circuit: No data at this point.
- Daisy Cruiser: About 3/4 of the way through the course will be a hole, which leads to an underground chamber. In the chamber is a pipe that will suck the player out and back onto the course. This shortcut will not shave off much time, though it will let you access some good items.
- Waluigi Stadium: No data at this point.
- Yoshi Circuit: 1) In the beginning there will be a shortcut ramp going over water. You can only go across it by using a mushroom or a star. 2) About halfway through the course will be an underground shortcut below the track and off to the side. If a player wants to use it the player must drive off a cliff and land on the edge of the shortcut (which is only possible with a Golden mushroom or star).
- Dino Dino Jungle: 1) After leaving the cave that leads to the bridges you can turn right, there's a alternative bridge with boosters. 2) In the cave part of the course is a ramp going over a cliff. The player can only get across it using a mushroom or a star.
- Bowser's Castle: In the part of the course where fireballs are being shot at you there is a hair-pin turn. When done correctly, a player can cut across the turn by going over lava, however, it is very easy to go flying off the other edge of the lower road or simply not make it to that road.
- DK Mountain: 1) After being shot up the mountain you enter the grassy section below, after the first full 180 turn you can turn sharply to the right and jump over the abyss (this takes a little practice). 2) Whilst coming down the mountain, driving on the off-road ashy section will not reduce the kart's speed, avoiding the time-losing bumps and getting a better angle for the next turn.