Managing enterprises with advanced ICT
The purpose of this wikibook is to explain basic terms from the fields: informatics, information systems, system analysis, information technologies. Its primary learning objective is to prepare a student (a future manager) to assess, analyze, select, acquire, manage and maintain an information system for his/her company.
The target group of these selected chapters are students of management study programmes of business schools or applied science faculties.
Software and business modelsEdit
- A manager is often confronted which type of software to use. Which is better, proprietary or open-source?
- See more:
- Outsourcing IT-related services is often a good choice for a manager, especially if there is no IT department within the company.
- See more:
Types of information systems:Edit
- Each part of a company requires different type of an information system. The most common types of information systems are:
Data & computingEdit
IT strategy & processesEdit
- A manager's primary responsibility is to establish a technology strategy for their organization:
- A modern company includes IT related activities and services such as Service desk, Incident management and similar. A set of good practices was developed and it can be reused also for your organization: